Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Reality Check


I wanted to make this clear to all of you who are involved with this group....I started this because I wanted my friends to meet and in turn, become friends with everyone else...WHY? Because I love and cherish each and every one of you more than you will ever know. I wanted the people that I love to meet so that I could share how wonderful you all are to my little slice of the world.

Going in, I knew we would have our problems and that we would have our days, but I also knew that each of you is stronger than those problems and bigger than those words. I knew all of you as the wonderful people that you are.

This morning though, I doubted this group so much so that I wanted it to be done with...end the blog, stop the meetings, and just go one with the life that I led before...because it was easier and not as stressful..plus it didn't hurt anyone. Instead, I called a friend and talked to two others and got thier opinions. All of them told me the same thing, please please don't stop. You and the people in this group mean the world to me. I love the people here, so much so that they are closer than any friends I have ever had, and...you cannot control what happens within the walls of the gang, but we don't expect you too.

Mostly, I heard that this group has opened up things for people and made them feel like they belonged to something real and important. So....I guess my ramblings mean this....What does not kill us makes us stronger and You can't change the past as much as you can't stop the sun from setting or the world from turning so live in the now, learn from the past, and hope for the future. I love you all.

No comments: