Friday, January 11, 2008

Reviews and Views


Well, we had our movie nights. National Treasure 2 was excellent. In my opinion, as good as the first... page 47 should prove quite interesting, don't you think?




As much as I care for the friend involved in this picture, I owe it to him and to you to be completely honest:


Jesus Fish, this one was definitely a ride, just not sure where we got off at the end. It had its good points, the message did remind us Christains of our tendancy to judge others and to consider ourselves holier than thou. The thing it also did was gave me a feeling that the creators had several church experiences and were airing out their frustrations. The grittiness promised was shown mainly in the female characters, leaving us wonder if the males had backbones at all. As for God, well, mostly He seemd just thrown in occassionally as mostly the Bad guy, blamed for the downfall of characters and never really got past that status.

I am pretty easy going with most films and I would not say Jesus Fish was a bad film because it truly wasn't. It had its heart in the right place, but failed to be anything more than add to the amounting ammunition that the world has against us already. Instead of opening eyes and taking down barriers, it added to them and , I daresay, closed many a pleading heart as well.
That's my stand and i bid goodbye......later, my gators


No comments: